We are a "people first" company, and nothing will change that.
Under the guidance of the World Health Organization (WHO), the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and public officials, we continue to be proactive in helping our people and their families stay safe and healthy. Our precautionary measures include:
- Allowing office-based employees and site personnel who can perform their job remotely to work from home
- Prohibiting work-related travel and requiring reporting of personal travel to widespread transmission areas
- Prohibiting non-business critical visitors to our sites
- Encouraging social distancing and good hygiene best practices
- Requiring our workforce to wear a mask and eliminate handshakes
- Providing additional access to sanitizing products to all workers
- Screening health status upon entry to operating sites and distribution facilities
- Requiring all symptomatic employees to stay home
- Updating medical benefits to cover the full cost of COVID-19 testing and virtual physical or behavioral health visits
- Establishing anonymous reporting for unsafe practices or violations of protocol during this period
The COVID-19 pandemic has prompted employers to adjust their ways of working and do their part to limit the spread of COVID-19 within communities. While we’ve made several changes to our work arrangements and procedures, one thing that remains unchanged is our steadfast commitment to producing energy responsibly. As a company deemed ‘critical infrastructure,’ we are working to meet the demand for products essential to the response to the COVID-19 pandemic through safe and reliable operations. We are producing and distributing gasoline, diesel, marine fuels, and other products that support domestic supply chains and enable those on the frontlines of the pandemic response to help people in need. In addition, our polymer grade propylene is a chemical building block used to manufacture food packaging, medical devices and supplies.
We recognize it’s a privilege to conduct business in our communities and we will continue to operate safely, thoughtfully manage risk, and deliver excellence for our people and communities.